Finding local farmer produce and products can be difficult in such a metropolitan city. Farmland is hard to come by and South FL is heavy with toxic pesticides use.
Even with difficulty you can still find some volunteer programs and hidden gems to get your hands on real local food.
Healthy Habits Miami Is an organic/non-gmo produce share service run by local volunteers.
Miami, FL 33186
Three Sisters Farm: This organic farm in Homestead has occasional events, brunches, farm tours, etc. You can call to see what produce they have available for pick up.
18401 SW 248th St.
Homestead, FL 33031
North Miami Beach: Alternative Real Good Foods Dairy (cow & goat), chicken eggs, fish, and meat (beef, bison, chicken, lamb, organs, pork, rabbit, turkey & veal). Also baked goods, fermented foods, supplements and other Weston Price–oriented products. Pickups every other Wednesday. 786.554.1084 alternativerealgoodfoods.com (on Facebook)
• Upper Eastside: Gaucho Ranch Uruguayan grass fed beef. Retail store open Monday to Friday, 9pm to 6pm; Saturdays 10am to 2pm. 7251 NE 2nd Avenue, Loft 113; Miami, FL 33138. 305.751.0775 Yelp Reviewsgauchoranch.com (on Facebook)
South Beach: Once Upon a Carrot/The Wholesome Grocer Dairy (cow & goat), eggs (duck & chicken), meat (beef, chicken & lamb). Also baked goods, fresh fish, and produce. Pickups every other week at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden; 2000 Convention Center Drive; Miami Beach, FL 33139. Also home delivery. Contact Cindy Hill at 786.216.7946. Local Harvest Reviews Yelp Reviews onceuponacarrot.org (on Facebook)
• Delray Beach: Heritage Hen Farm Dairy (cow & goat), eggs (chicken, duck, goose, guinea, turkey & quail), and meat (chicken, goat, goose, guinea, pork & turkey). Also fruit, honey, and clean manure for composting. Sells at the Delray Green Market or pick up orders on the farm Saturday mornings 9am to 11am. 561.350.0507 Local Harvest Reviews Yelp Reviews heritagehen.com (on Facebook)
Pompano Beach: The Urban Farmer Dairy (cow & goat), chicken eggs, fresh fish, and meat (beef, lamb, pork & turkey). Also a weekly produce CSA and a dairy, eggs, fermented dairy, fresh fish & meat co–op. 1730 North Powerline Road; Pompano Beach, FL 33069. 954.586.6686 Local Harvest Reviewstheurbanfarmerflorida.com (on Facebook)
• Fort Lauderdale: Marando Farms Dairy (cow & goat) including butter, cream, cheese, kefir, milk & yogurt and eggs (chicken, duck & goose available at their retail location. Much larger selection of diary (cow & goat), eggs, fermented foods, meat (grass fed beef, chicken, duck, lamb, organs, Woodland milk fed pork, turkey & veal) available through their co–op which delivers every other Monday. Organic produce also available daily along with CSA pickups on Saturdays. Retail store open weekends, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (closed Wednesdays), 10am to 5pm. At Marando Farms. Located 2 blocks south of Davie Boulevard, 1 block west of Andrews Avenue, adjoining the railroad tracks. 1401 SW 1st Avenue; Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315. 954.294.2331 Local Harvest Reviews Yelp Reviews marandofarms.com (on Facebook)
• Hollywood: The Good Earth Bacon, ground beef, chicken, cheese, and eggs. Located in booth #31 at the north end of the Yellow Green Farmers’ Market. Saturdays & Sundays, 8am to 4pm. Just west of I-95 and north of Taft Street. 1940 North 30th Road; Hollywood, FL 33021. Contact via email.
Those Serving Multiple Locations
Multiple Locations in Plantation & Miami: Miller’s Organic Farm Dairy (camel, cow, goat & sheep), chicken eggs, and meat (beef, chicken, duck, lamb, organs, pet food, pork, turkey & veal). Also baked goods, fermented foods, fish, and other Weston Price–oriented products from a group of Pennsylvania Amish families, primarily Amos Miller’s family. Fresh (never frozen) meat often available. Pickups in central Miami, Coconut Grove, and Plantation every other Monday. Also a pickup point for Annie’s Buying Club (produce) 305.677.2735 myhealthyfoodclub.com (on Facebook)
Multiple Locations in Fort Lauderdale & Miami: Hani’s Cheese and Hani’s Mediterranean OrganicsGoats’ cheese from his own goats. Also many Mediterranean specialties and ambo (fermented mango). Delivery for big orders or pickup at various locations. 305.562.3202. Local Harvest Reviews hanisorganics.com(on Facebook)
• Multiple Farmers’ Markets: Arrowhead Beef of Florida Beef from pasture–raised, heirloom Parthenais cattle (steaks, ground beef, primals & whole/half steers). Available at multiple farmers’ markets; South Florida delivery on wholesale and special orders. Contact Melissa via email. Local Harvest Reviews floridagrassfed.com(on Facebook)
Multiple Locations in Miami: Healthy Habits Cows’ milk and chicken eggs. Also baked goods, bulk groceries, honey, and produce delivered at the Redlands Community Church and 6 other locations north to Doral and east to The Roads. Some orders come in every week, some monthly, some quarterly. Contact either Martha at 786.423.4308 or Cyndi at 786.251.1000. healthyhabitsproduce.blogspot.com
If you know where to find organic local produce and farm goods in Miami, not listed here...
Please reach out ff you know of any changes or additions that should be made to the list.