The Fascia and Chronic Pain Connection
IN THIS EPISODE:
1. What does it mean to be in chronic sympathetic state?
2. What are the benefits of being in a parasympathetic state?
3. What role does nervous system health and flexibility play on pain and healing?
4. What is the Polyvagal theory?
5. What kind of movements can stimulate the sympathetic nervous system? What kinds of movements can stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system?
6. What are the benefits of grounding?
7. What is grounding?
8. How do you honor the change of seasons?
9. What are the benefits of spending time outdoors?
10. How can you incorporate Mother Nature into your healing when you live in a city?
11. What is fascia?
12. Can fascia cause pain? why?
13. How can your lifestyle effect your fascia?
14. Is there a link between stress, emotional stress and fascia health?
15. What is the best way to take care of your fascia?
16. And so much more!
Our Guest Dr. Kerry McGinn PT, DPT, RYT
Dr. Kerry McGinn PT, DPT, RYT is a Doctor of Physical Therapy, a 500 hour certified yoga teacher and personal trainer. A healer and mind-body coach. Owner of Live Good, Feel Good, a performance and recovery center that caters to people who live with chronic pain, chronic illness, and chronic stress. She helps woman feel safe & at home in their bodies through movement, mother nature & mindfulness.
Reach Dr. Kerry McGinn
facebook: Live Good, Feel Good LLC
Nourish Your Nervous System: 6 month course about taking better care of your health on a nervous system level.
City to Summit: Ski Prep: a holistic4 week ski prep program that incorporates time outdoors, strength training, yoga and fascial health.
Support the Podcast
JOIN THE PATREON:
Ask Kat about specific episodes and her opinions. Ad free episodes, bonus episodes, uncensored content and more. Get meal plans, health tips, Q and A, and direct access.