Medicinal Benefits of Mushrooms as Food and Supplements with Jeff Chilton
• Introduction to mushrooms as food and medicine
• History of mushroom cultivation
• Product quality issues with mushroom supplements
IN THIS EPISODE
- -The History of Mushrooms
- -Difference between Mushrooms and Mycelium
- -What are medicinal Mushrooms?
- -What are the main active ingredients of medicinal Mushrooms?
- -Mushrooms for memory and focus
- -Mushrooms for immunity
- -How to choose mushrooms to eat
- -Methods of making mushroom extracts
- -How to know if you are choosing a quality mushroom supplement
- -and so much more!
Our Guest Jeff Chilton
In 1983, after 10 years of commercial mushroom growing experience, Jeff co-authored and published the classic, bestselling book on small-scale mushroom cultivation, The Mushroom Cultivator. That same year he moved his family to British Columbia to start a mushroom spawn laboratory and small speciality mushroom growing facility. By 1989, after much research, it became clear that many of the specialty mushrooms had beneficial properties and this was the wave of the future.
In 1989 Jeff made his first trip to China to attend the International Society for Mushroom Science’s (ISMS) conference in Nanjing and he discovered the depth of mushroom knowledge and production capacity that China offered. The relationships Jeff built over the next 10 years laid the foundation that made Nammex a leader in the new category of health promoting mushrooms. This same year, 1989, Nammex was founded.
Support the Podcast
JOIN THE PATREON:
Ask Kat about specific episodes and her opinions. Ad free episodes, bonus episodes, uncensored content and more. Get meal plans, health tips, Q and A, and direct access.