Why Couples Need to Talk About Money Before Marriage, with Emily Blain Premarital Financial Coach
Have you had the money talk in your relationship? Couples need to talk about money before marriage. So I invited Premarital Financial Coach, Emily Blain on the podcast to go over everything we need to know.
No married if you’re dating, engaged, or have been married for years. Now is the time to talk about money.
- -Why do so many couples fight about money?
- -What are some ways couples who have never discussed money can start the conversation without just saying, “Hey, what’s your credit score?”
- -When is the best time to talk to someone you’re dating about money?
- -How often should couples discuss money?
- -What are some of the most common things couples fight about in regard to money?
- -Is it enough to have a general sense of your partner’s savings/debt/bills/spending or should it be specific?
- -What kind of goals should couples set together?
- -What is values-based budgeting?
- -How do you stick to your budget when things distract you?
- -What do you do if you think your partner’s goals are unrealistic?
- -How do you set up a money date? What are the key points to cover during the conversation?
- -And so much more!
Our Guest Emily Blain
Emily Blain is a premarital financial coach who helps engaged couples figure out how to discuss money and build a stronger relationship. Communication around money is one of the leading causes of marital stress and tension. Talking about money early and getting on the same page can help mitigate that stress and conflict. As a member of the Financial Coaches Network, Emily has developed a program specifically designed to address the needs of engaged couples.
Reach Emily Blain
Support the Podcast
JOIN THE PATREON:
Ask Kat about specific episodes and her opinions. Ad free episodes, bonus episodes, uncensored content and more. Get meal plans, health tips, Q and A, and direct access.
Balance Your Hormones:
TRY Femminessence to Balance Hormones Naturally
Use code KAT15 for 15% off any single supplement. And list to our episode with Dr. Mona Fahoum to learn how it works.
GET YOUR FREE mineral deficiencies and heavy metal toxicities test with consultation. Dr. Cabral is providing the lab test and consultation to my listeners for free, you just pay shipping and handling. This is a $299 value. Head on over to StephenCabral.com/Kat to reserve your test today!
Where to Listen
Anchor | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Breaker | Pocket Casts | Apple Podcasts | Castbox | Overcast | Radio Public | Stitcher
Would You Take 30 Seconds to Rate & Review the Kat Khatibi Podcast?
The best way to help me spread our mission is to give us a 5-star review, and I read and appreciate every review!
1. Click link: Kat Khatibi Podcast on Health, Happiness, & Beauty on Apple Podcasts
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave a short review and you’re done!
6. If you include your Instagram name, I will even share a screenshot of your 5-star review and tag you back!