Parentification, Trauma, PTSD, and how it Impacts Us as Children and Adults
In today’s podcast we will be discussing what Parentification is, trauma, PTSD, and how it impacts us as children and adults.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- -How does Emotional Parentification differ from Instrumental Parentification?
- -How prevalent would you say Parentification is in the USA?
- -How can a parent with risk factors beyond their own control, avoid causing parentification on their child or children?
- -What is Trauma Focused Behavioral Cognitive Therapy?
- -and so much more!
Our Guest Roxana Karimi, LMFT
Roxana Karimi, LMFT is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She completed her Masters in Clinical Psychology at Pepperdine University. She worked as a therapist in community mental health programs, running groups, and doing individual and family therapy at a residential eating disorder facility. Following her degree, she started working at a non-profit agency specializing in work with children and adolescents struggling with trauma symptoms due to emotional, physical, or sexual abuse.
Reach Roxana Karimi, LMFT
Support the Podcast
JOIN THE PATREON:
Ask Kat about specific episodes and her opinions. Ad free episodes, bonus episodes, uncensored content and more. Get meal plans, health tips, Q and A, and direct access.
Balance Your Hormones:
TRY Femminessence to Balance Hormones Naturally
Use code KAT15 for 15% off any single supplement. And list to our episode with Dr. Mona Fahoum to learn how it works.
GET YOUR FREE mineral deficiencies and heavy metal toxicities test with consultation. Dr. Cabral is providing the lab test and consultation to my listeners for free, you just pay shipping and handling. This is a $299 value. Head on over to StephenCabral.com/Kat to reserve your test today!
Where to Listen
Anchor | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Breaker | Pocket Casts | Apple Podcasts | Castbox | Overcast | Radio Public | Stitcher
Would You Take 30 Seconds to Rate & Review the Kat Khatibi Podcast?
The best way to help me spread our mission is to give us a 5-star review, and I read and appreciate every review!
1. Click link: Kat Khatibi Podcast on Health, Happiness, & Beauty on Apple Podcasts
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave a short review and you’re done!
6. If you include your Instagram name, I will even share a screenshot of your 5-star review and tag you back!